motorcycle accident attorney orange county
Motorcycle accident attorney orange county - Motorcycle accidents can be deadly or cause significant physical and financial harm to the victim. These accidents can result in serious injuries, such as traumatic brain injuries or spinal cord injuries, or even less severe injuries like soft tissue damage and road rash, which can still require expensive medical treatment. It is important to hold the negligent party accountable for your motorcycle injuries. After you have received medical care, you should contact a personal injury attorney to discuss your legal options and consider filing a personal injury claim.
Why Is It Essential to Contact A Team Of Motorcycle Lawyers As Soon As Possible?
It can be challenging for motorcyclists to determine the strength of their personal injury case. The viability of a case depends on various factors, such as the events leading up to the accident, the evidence available, and the injuries sustained by the motorcyclist. Every case is different, so it is best for injured motorcyclists to consult with a lawyer to evaluate their claim and determine its merit. It is advisable to seek the help of a skilled motorcycle accident lawyer in your area as soon as possible after the accident. The sooner they can start advocating for your compensation, the better.
Why Hire an Orange County Motorcycle Accident Attorney?
Victims of motorcycle accidents are often more seriously injured than those in passenger vehicles. Motorcycles do not have the same safety features, such as crumple zones and airbags, as cars, and motorcyclists may come into direct contact with the colliding vehicle and/or the road during an accident. The resulting injuries can be severe, leading to physical, financial, and emotional damage for the victim. An Orange County motorcycle accident attorney is aware of the challenges involved in these cases and can help a motorcycle accident victim who has been injured due to the negligence of another party build a strong case and recover the maximum amount of damages.
Motorcyclists may sometimes encounter bias from insurers and others who may unfairly blame them for a crash, even before all the facts are known. This is not fair, and a motorcycle accident attorney is prepared to advocate on your behalf and ensure that you receive the justice you deserve.
Common Causes of Orange County Motorcycle Accidents
Motorcyclists are particularly vulnerable on the road due to the lack of protection around them. Despite taking precautions, such as wearing a helmet and following road signs, motorcyclists may still be injured in an accident. In many cases, the cause of the accident is not the fault of the motorcyclist.
Some common causes of motorcycle accidents caused by another party include:
- Distracted driving
- Bad weather: Rain, snow, wind, and hail
- Drunk drivers or drivers under the influence of illegal substances
- Drivers operating their vehicles aggressively
- Failure to observe traffic signs or lights.
- Defective motorcycle parts
- Hazardous road conditions
Common Injuries Sustained In Motorcycle Accidents
Motorcycle accidents can result in severe injuries or fatalities for victims, and the aftermath can be emotionally difficult for surviving family members. Injured motorcyclists may suffer from life-threatening injuries, including:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Skull fractures
- Eye injuries
- Broken jaws, cheekbones, and noses
- Broken bones and fractures
- Neck and head
- Lacerations & Road Rash
- Ligament Tears
- Back injuries and spinal cord injuries
- Internal hemorrhaging
- Internal organ injuries
Recoverable Damages from Motorcycle Accidents
In addition to medical bills for past and future treatment, injury victims may be able to recover other damages, such as:
- Medical Bills & Expenses
- Pain and Suffering
- Loss of Earnings/Wages
- Loss of Consortium
- Punitive Damages
- Funeral & Burial Expenses
What to do After a Motorbike Accident in Los Angeles?
If you have been involved in a motorbike accident in Los Angeles, there are several steps you should take to protect your rights and seek compensation:
- Seek medical attention: Your health and safety should be your top priority. Even if you do not think you were seriously injured, it is important to seek medical attention to ensure that any injuries are properly treated.
- Document the accident: Gather as much information as possible about the accident, including the names and contact information of any witnesses, photos of the accident scene and any damage, and the police report.
- Report the accident to your insurance company: Notify your insurance company as soon as possible after the accident, but be careful not to make any statements that could be used against you later.
- Consult with an experienced attorney: A lawyer who is familiar with motorbike accidents in Los Angeles can help you understand your legal options and fight for the compensation you deserve.
- Keep track of your expenses: Keep detailed records of all expenses related to the accident, including medical bills, lost wages, and property damage. These will be important in seeking compensation.