home appliance warranty choice home warranty: When it comes to protecting your home appliances, having a warranty can give you peace of mind. Home appliances are an essential part of our daily lives, and we rely on them to keep our homes running smoothly. However, appliances can break down at any time, and repairs can be expensive.
One of the companies that offer home appliance warranties is Choice Home Warranty. Choice Home Warranty has been in business since 2008 and has a good reputation in the industry. In this article, we will take a closer look at Choice Home Warranty and what they offer.
What is the warranty on home appliances?
The warranty on home appliances can vary depending on the manufacturer and the type of appliance. Generally, when you purchase a new home appliance, it comes with a manufacturer's warranty. This warranty typically covers defects in materials and workmanship for a specific period, usually one year, from the date of purchase.
Some manufacturers may offer extended warranties for an additional fee. These extended warranties can provide coverage beyond the original warranty period and may include additional benefits such as free repairs or replacements.
It's important to read and understand the terms and conditions of any warranty before purchasing a home appliance. Some warranties may have exclusions and limitations that could affect your coverage. Additionally, some warranties may require you to perform regular maintenance on your appliance to keep the warranty in effect.
If your appliance breaks down or needs repairs, you may be able to use your warranty to cover the costs. However, it's important to note that warranties typically only cover defects or malfunctions due to normal use and may not cover damage caused by misuse or accidents.
If you're not sure about the warranty on your home appliance, you can check the manufacturer's website or contact their customer service department for more information.
choice home warranty phone number
The phone number for Choice Home Warranty's customer service department is 1-888-531-5403. Their customer service representatives are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to assist with any questions or concerns you may have about their plans, claims process, or any other issues related to your home warranty.
Choice Home Warranty offers two types of plans: the Basic Plan and the Total Plan. The Basic Plan covers appliances such as the refrigerator, stove, oven, dishwasher, microwave, and garbage disposal. The Total Plan covers everything that the Basic Plan covers, plus your heating, air conditioning, plumbing, and electrical systems.
Both plans have a $60 service call fee, which is the amount you pay when a technician comes to your home to make a repair. The plans also have a $3,000 limit per claim and a $15,000 annual limit.
One of the benefits of having a Choice Home Warranty plan is that you can choose your own technician. You don't have to use a technician that is provided by the company. This can be an advantage if you have a technician that you trust and have used before.
Choice Home Warranty also offers a 30-day money-back guarantee. If you are not satisfied with the service, you can cancel your plan within 30 days of signing up and receive a full refund.
Choice Home Warranty has a customer service team that is available 24/7. You can contact them by phone or email. They also have a live chat feature on their website. The customer service team is knowledgeable and can help you with any questions you may have about your plan.
How to escalate with Choice home warranty?
If you are a customer of Choice Home Warranty and have an issue that needs to be escalated, you can follow these steps:
- Contact Customer Service: The first step is to contact Choice Home Warranty's customer service department by phone, email, or live chat. Explain your issue and try to resolve the problem with the representative.
- Request to speak to a supervisor: If you are unable to resolve the issue with the customer service representative, ask to speak to a supervisor. The supervisor may have more authority to make decisions and help you with your issue.
- Submit a complaint: If you are still unable to resolve the issue, you can submit a formal complaint to Choice Home Warranty's complaint department. You can do this by phone or email. Be sure to include your contract number, a description of the issue, and any relevant documentation.
- Contact regulatory agencies: If you are still unsatisfied with the resolution, you can contact regulatory agencies that oversee home warranty companies. These agencies may include the Better Business Bureau, state insurance departments, or consumer protection agencies.
- Consider legal action: If all other options have been exhausted and you still cannot resolve the issue, you may want to consider legal action. Consult with a lawyer to determine if you have a case and what your options are.
It's important to remember that most issues with Choice Home Warranty can be resolved through their customer service department. However, if you do need to escalate your issue, following these steps can help you get the resolution you need.
choice home warranty plans
Choice Home Warranty offers two main plans: the Basic Plan and the Total Plan. Here's a breakdown of what each plan covers:
Basic Plan: This plan covers many of the essential home appliances, including:
- Air conditioning (1 unit)
- Heating (1 system)
- Plumbing (including stoppages)
- Electrical (including ceiling fans)
- Water heater
- Built-in microwave
- Garbage disposal
- Whirlpool bathtub
Total Plan: This plan includes all the coverage of the Basic Plan, as well as coverage for the following additional items:
- Clothes washer
- Clothes dryer
It's important to note that both plans have a $60 service call fee, which is the amount you pay when a technician comes to your home to make a repair. The plans also have a $3,000 limit per claim and a $15,000 annual limit.
Choice Home Warranty also offers additional coverage for items such as pool/spa, septic system, well pump, and sump pump. These items can be added to either plan for an additional cost.
It's important to read and understand the terms and conditions of each plan before making a decision. Be sure to review the coverage limits, exclusions, and any other important details to ensure that the plan you choose meets your needs.
choice home warranty claim
If you need to file a claim with Choice Home Warranty, you can follow these steps:
- Contact Choice Home Warranty: The first step is to contact Choice Home Warranty's claims department by phone or online. You can submit a claim by logging into your account on their website or by calling their claims hotline.
- Provide information: When you file a claim, you will need to provide information about the appliance or system that needs repair. You may also need to provide documentation, such as photos or receipts.
- Schedule a technician: Once your claim has been approved, Choice Home Warranty will schedule a licensed and insured technician to come to your home and diagnose the problem. You will be responsible for paying the $60 service call fee.
- Repair or replacement: If the technician is able to repair the appliance or system, Choice Home Warranty will cover the cost of the repair, less the $60 service call fee. If the appliance or system cannot be repaired, Choice Home Warranty may provide a replacement or offer a cash settlement, depending on the terms of your contract.
It's important to note that not all repairs are covered under your home warranty contract. Be sure to review your contract to understand what is covered and what is not.
It's also important to keep in mind that Choice Home Warranty has a $3,000 limit per claim and a $15,000 annual limit. If the cost of the repair or replacement exceeds these limits, you will be responsible for the additional costs.
If you have any questions or concerns about filing a claim with Choice Home Warranty, you can contact their customer service department for assistance.
Having a home appliance warranty can give you peace of mind and protect you from unexpected repair costs. Choice Home Warranty offers two plans that cover a range of appliances and systems in your home. They also have a good reputation in the industry and offer a 30-day money-back guarantee. If you are looking for a home appliance warranty, Choice Home Warranty is definitely worth considering.